The Agricultural Finance Corporation (AFC) is a state Corporation whose objective is to provide quality and sustainable customer focused financial services for the development of the agricultural sector in Kenya. In order to achieve this objective, the Corporation seeks to recruit qualified and experienced professionals in the following areas:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
The job holder reports to the Head of Internal Audit. He/She is charged with the following responsibilities:-
Responsibilities for the Internal Auditor Job
- Audits and evaluates operations and activities of the Corporation for exercise of proper controls, conformance to standards, compliance to contractual terms, financial soundness, and proper application of regulations and procedures against established policies and procedures;
- Reviews general journals, payroll journals, accounts payable and receivable, vouchers and other financial documents in order to identify overpayments,erroneous billing etc;
- Examines documents to determine that proposed expenditures are charged against correct accounts and fall within the budget;
- Carries out credit review to evaluate all aspects of credit administration i.e. loan making, loan disbursement, loan servicing, and collection to determine whether or not loans are being administered on a sound credit basis;
- Prepares or assists in preparing formal audit and credit review reports containing all pertinent observations, findings, evaluations and recommendations on proposed remedial action(s);
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Qualifications for the Internal Auditor Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Finance or related field.
- CPA [K].
- 3 years’ experience
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy.
Method of Application
Interested candidates may access detailed job specifications, duties and responsibilities for the positions and the experience required on our website www.agrifinance.org.
Successful candidates will be offered competitive salary and benefits package. Applications with detailed curriculum vitae including three referees with their current telephone contacts, copies of certificates and testimonials should be addressed to: –
The Managing Director Agricultural Finance Corporation Development House 7th Floor, Moi Avenue P.O. Box 30367 – 00100 GPO NAIROBI
Closing date for applications is 3rd June 2017 at 5.00 pm. AFC is an equal opportunity Employer. Lack of inclusions of all details as sought for or any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.