Head of Procurement
The Agricultural Finance Corporation (AFC) is a state Corporation whose objective is to provide quality and sustainable customer focused financial services for the development of the agricultural sector in Kenya. In order to achieve this objective, the Corporation seeks to recruit qualified and experienced professionals in the following areas:
Job Title: Head of Procurement
Responsibilities for the Head of Procurement Job
- Representative Tasks
- Coordinate the preparation of the procurement Department budget
- Ensure the Department is adequately resourced by professional and competent staff including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and foster a culture in which staff feel supported so as to deliver exceptional results; and
- Develop, review and implement robust procurement policies and procedures as to ensure integrity and compliance of the Corporation’s procurement practices with the applicable legislative framework;
- Coordinate preparation of the Corporation’ annual procurement plan and present to the Board for approval;
- Manage the bi-annual pre-qualification of suppliers to ensure competitive pricing and efficiency in the Corporation’s procurement activities;
- Manage the Corporation’s annual tendering process of key goods and services to ensure value for money and compliance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015;
- Supervise the timely procurement of all requisitioned goods and services for the
- Corporation to ensure efficient service delivery and value for money;
- Manage the Corporation’s process of disposal of obsolete items in line with the
- Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015;
- Verify and recommend for approval all payments to suppliers of goods and services to the Corporation to ensure compliance with user requirements;
- Any other relevant work that may be assigned to the job holder from time to time.
Requirements for the Head of Procurement Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration,
- Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Diploma in Procurement from a recognized institution;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in procurement or supplies management in a fast paced work environment.
- A demonstrable ability to drive organizational value through the implementation of appropriate and diligent procurement management practices;
- Have demonstrated personal integrity;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Problem solving , analytical and orientation to detail skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Ability to make critical and timely decisions in a highly sensitive environment;
- Exemplary knowledge of the application of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015.
- Has had a distinguished career in their respective fields; and
- Be computer literate.
Method of Application
Interested candidates may access detailed job specifications, duties and responsibilities for the positions and the experience required on our website www.agrifinance.org.
Successful candidates will be offered competitive salary and benefits package. Applications with detailed curriculum vitae including three referees with their current telephone contacts, copies of certificates and testimonials should be addressed to: –
The Managing Director Agricultural Finance Corporation Development House 7th Floor, Moi Avenue P.O. Box 30367 – 00100 GPO NAIROBI
Closing date for applications is 3rd June 2017 at 5.00 pm. AFC is an equal opportunity Employer. Lack of inclusions of all details as sought for or any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.