General Motors East Africa (GMEA) is the largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles in the East African region. Our manufacturing plant in Nairobi assembles a wide range of Isuzu trucks and buses. With an assembly line that features more than fifteen Isuzu models, our Plant's output has enabled GMEA stamp its
Job Title: Data Scientist
Reporting to the CRM & Digital Marketing Manager, the successful candidate le for the following functions:-
•Develop tools, techniques and theories to facilitate ongoing research activities of the company. Collaborate with business analysts and other stakeholders to suggest other products of interest to management.
•Model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business processes and decisions.
•Identify unique opportunities to collect and study new and diverse data.
•Discover "stories" told by the data and present them to the business managers and management. Design, modify and build new data processes.
•Keep up to date with latest technology trends and apply them to identify and develop innovative solutions and projects.
•Work with the IT team to support data collection, integration and retention.
•Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis and provide overall business metrics. Qualify where information can be stored or what information, external to the organization, may be used.
•Educate the organisation both from IT and business perspectives on new approaches, such as testing hypothesis and statistical validation of results.
•Communicate results and ideas to management.
For appointment to this position, the successful candidate must have the following minimum requirements:-
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics and Statistics.
• Four years relevant experience.
• Possess a combination of creative abilities and business acumen.
• Knowledge in data mining and statistical analysis.
• Good knowledge in programming language, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in SPSS. Microsoft Power Bland Tableau.
• Good knowledge in database management, data modelling, data warehousing. predictive analytics, business intelligence and big data analysis.
Method of Application
Please send your application and CV to:
The HR Business Partner, General Motors East Africa Ltd, Enterprise/Mombasa road,
P.O. Box 30527 - 00100,
Or Email via the Apply Button
Deadline 5th June, 2017
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Attractive compensation packages will be offered to successful candidates.
- Order & Inventory Coordinator
- Strategic Information Assistant
- Manager, IT Business Continuity
- Communications & Advocacy Officer
- Data Officer
- Project Outreach Associate ICT & Data
- Area Officer
- Backend Software Developer - Linux OS
- Software Sales Executive - Fintech Solutions
- Software Sales Manager - Fintech Solutions