The Agricultural Finance Corporation (AFC) is a state Corporation whose objective is to provide quality and sustainable customer focused financial services for the development of the agricultural sector in Kenya. In order to achieve this objective, the Corporation seeks to recruit qualified and experienced professionals in the following areas:
Job Title: Chief Accountant
The job holder reports to the General Manager – Finance. He/She will manage the Accounting Division and ensure accurate financial reporting and prudent internal controls in line with the AFC financial policies and procedures.
Responsibilities for the Chief Accountant Job
- Representative Tasks
- Develop and implement financial accounting and internal controls policies and procedures to ensure consistency in application of accounting procedures across the corporation;
- Supervise and monitor the daily branch accounting activities to ensure that loan and other revenue collections are accurately accounted for to minimize loss of funds and fraud;
- Coordinate the timely preparation and publishing of the Corporation’s financial statements and ensure distribution of these to all the relevant stakeholders;
- Review and approve loan accounts reports to ensure that their accuracy before submission to clients and relevant departments in the Corporation;
- Coordinate the preparation of the financial accounting division budget;
- Ensure prudent management of the AFC fixed assets register so as to maintain an accurate and up to date record of the Corporation’s assets;
- Negotiate competitive investment rates with approved commercial banks in liaison with the GM Finance to ensure optimal returns on invested funds;
- Ensure timely filing of tax returns and payment of taxes to ensure the Corporation fullycomplies with the statutory requirements;
- Ensure the Division is adequately resourced by professional and competent staff including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and foster a culture in which staff feel supported so as to deliver exceptional results; and
- Any other relevant work that may be assigned to the job holder from time to time.
Requirements for the Chief Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics or any related field;
- Certified Public Accountant [CPA-K] or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants [ACCA];
- At least 6 years in Financial Management or Accounting.
- Have demonstrated personal integrity
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Problem solving, analytical and orientation to detail skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to make critical and timely decisions in a highly sensitive environment
- Familiarity with the Public Sector Financial Accounting Principles and procedures
- Be computer literate
Method of Application
Interested candidates may access detailed job specifications, duties and responsibilities for the positions and the experience required on our website www.agrifinance.org.
Successful candidates will be offered competitive salary and benefits package. Applications with detailed curriculum vitae including three referees with their current telephone contacts, copies of certificates and testimonials should be addressed to: –
The Managing Director Agricultural Finance Corporation Development House 7th Floor, Moi Avenue P.O. Box 30367 – 00100 GPO NAIROBI
Closing date for applications is 3rd June 2017 at 5.00 pm. AFC is an equal opportunity Employer. Lack of inclusions of all details as sought for or any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.