The Agricultural Finance Corporation (AFC) is a state Corporation whose objective is to provide quality and sustainable customer focused financial services for the development of the agricultural sector in Kenya. In order to achieve this objective, the Corporation seeks to recruit qualified and experienced professionals in the following areas:
Job Title: Accounts Manager
The job holder reports to the General Manager – Finance. He/She will Coordinate the preparation of the Corporation’s annual budget, monitor the execution of the budget and provide management accounting information to ensure timely and efficient utilization of financial resources.
Responsibilities for the Accounts Manager Job
- Coordinate and consolidate the Corporation’s operational, administrative and capital budgets in line with the State Corporation’s Act Cap 446;
- Monitor actual performance against approved budget for all the income and expenditure to ensure that the Corporation’s activities remain within the approved budgets;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts for Management and the
- Board respectively for timely decision making;
- Prepare management reports and remit quarterly repayments for lines of credit extended to the Corporation by external donors and partners in line with loan agreements;
- Manage the allocation of loan funds to all the Corporation’s lending operations and monitor the liquidity of the Corporation in liaison with the General Manager Finance;
- Advise management on the optimal and efficient utilization of financial resources and prepare financial forecasts for new projects in consultation with Business
- Development Department
- Participate in the management of Development House and act as the Treasurer to the Development House Management Committee;
- Participate in the negotiation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Union
in liaison with the GM Human Resources and Administration;
- Any other relevant work that may be assigned to the job holder from time to time.
Qualifications for the Accounts Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics or any related field;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA);
- 6 years’ experience in management accounting.
- A demonstrable ability to drive organizational value through the implementation of appropriate and diligent financial management practices;
- Have demonstrated personal integrity;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Problem solving , analytical and orientation to detail skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Ability to make critical and timely decisions in a highly sensitive environment;
- Familiarity with the Public Sector financial accounting principles and procedures;
- Has had a distinguished career in their respective fields; and
- Be computer literate.
Method of Application
Interested candidates may access detailed job specifications, duties and responsibilities for the positions and the experience required on our website www.agrifinance.org.
Successful candidates will be offered competitive salary and benefits package. Applications with detailed curriculum vitae including three referees with their current telephone contacts, copies of certificates and testimonials should be addressed to: –
The Managing Director Agricultural Finance Corporation Development House 7th Floor, Moi Avenue P.O. Box 30367 – 00100 GPO NAIROBI
Closing date for applications is 3rd June 2017 at 5.00 pm. AFC is an equal opportunity Employer. Lack of inclusions of all details as sought for or any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.